Bastard Husband: A Love Story is a humorous account of my first year alone in Las Vegas after a midlife divorce from someone who was the perfect soulmate--until that one drink too many. The book is threaded with reflections of the relationship and shows how I transitioned from anger and sadness to doing stand-up comedy for the first time at age 46. Funny and sad, demented and poignant... all at the same time.

Enjoy!


P.S. I suggest you read some excerpts or my Vegas Linda Lou blog before you buy--my style and sense of humor are definitely not for everybody!

9.06.2009

Hi, I'm Linda


I grew up in Albany, New York, where I lived for the first forty-three years of my life. I’m the oldest of five kids spaced over a fourteen-year period, which means I was in ninth grade when my little sister was born. My mother and the girl who sat next to me in French class were pregnant at the same time. Yuk.


Las Vegas-based Linda Lou is a Guinness-drinking humor writer, spirited blogger, occasional stand-up comic and the founder of Aging Nymphs Media. Her memoir, Bastard Husband: A Love Story, chronicles her experience starting over in Sin City after a mid-life divorce, threaded with reflections on the relationship that led her there. In addition, she has written for www.Living-Las-Vegas.com and has had numerous personal essays published in anthologies such as Chicken Soup for the Soul: Divorce and Recovery and Patchwork Path: Grandma’s Choice. Linda Lou speaks frequently about writing, the creative process and topics related to the empowerment of women over 40.

0 comments: