Bastard Husband: A Love Story is a humorous account of my first year alone in Las Vegas after a midlife divorce from someone who was the perfect soulmate--until that one drink too many. The book is threaded with reflections of the relationship and shows how I transitioned from anger and sadness to doing stand-up comedy for the first time at age 46. Funny and sad, demented and poignant... all at the same time.

Enjoy!


P.S. I suggest you read some excerpts or my Vegas Linda Lou blog before you buy--my style and sense of humor are definitely not for everybody!

9.06.2009

Pre-publication praise from the blogosphere

“What happens in Vegas doesn’t often find itself captured in prose as vibrantly as it does in Bastard Husband: A Love Story. On her thrill ride through romance, marriage, and divorce, Linda Lou paints a vivid picture of what it’s like to forge a new life as an ‘aging nymph’ in Sin City.”
-- Megan Edwards, Managing Editor, www.Living-Las-Vegas.com

“An entertaining and empowering book about survival that will touch, heal, and inspire many lives”
-- Kate Lilly Taylor, Sydney, Australia www.lillyslife.com

Bastard Husband shows that it’s not only possible to survive—but thrive—in this crazy city of Las Vegas, no matter what kind of cards life deals.”
-- Hurricane Mikey, Las Vegas, NV www.hurricanemikey.com

“While reading Bastard Husband I found myself alternating between laughter and tears… I think almost every divorced woman can identify on some level. Linda's strength and her sheer will give women like me a renewed faith that everything in life truly happens to teach us the lessons we need to learn. Thank you, Linda, for giving me the push I needed.”
-- Julie Reeg, Columbus, OH www.47andstartingover.com

“You had me at ‘bastard.’”
-- Anne Beven, Los Angeles, CA www.whiteplatonicdreams.blogspot.com

“I have friends who were or are in similar situations and I always hear they think they're alone. More people need to see this, not as a self help book, but merely as a story. I think people connect better that way.”
-- Todd Huish, Las Vegas, NV www.606diaries.com

0 comments: