Bastard Husband: A Love Story is a humorous account of my first year alone in Las Vegas after a midlife divorce from someone who was the perfect soulmate--until that one drink too many. The book is threaded with reflections of the relationship and shows how I transitioned from anger and sadness to doing stand-up comedy for the first time at age 46. Funny and sad, demented and poignant... all at the same time.

Enjoy!


P.S. I suggest you read some excerpts or my Vegas Linda Lou blog before you buy--my style and sense of humor are definitely not for everybody!

1.22.2010

Previews of my one-woman show: 1/27 and 1/29

My one-woman show is becoming a reality! D Words: The Funny Side of Dating, Divorce and Other Delights is set to open here in Las Vegas on Wednesday, February 17 at the Alexis Park Resort, 325 E Harmon, across from the Hard Rock.

Before it begins its regular Wednesday through Saturday run, I'll be doing two preview shows next Wednesday (January 27) and Friday (January 29) at 7:00. If you're reading this and would like to check it out, shoot me an email at linda@bastardhusband.com and I'll be happy to put you and your friends on the guest list.

Here's a description:

D Words: The Funny Side of Dating, Divorce and Other Delights
In this one-woman show author/humorist Linda Lou’s unique brand of sassy wit shines as she reflects on topics such as dating, divorce, drinking, death, and a multitude of life’s other “D words.” Balancing edgy comedy with unexpected poignancy, Linda Lou tells of her transition from depressed to dynamic as she recounts her tale of starting over alone in Sin City following a midlife divorce. You’ll laugh out loud at her self-deprecating observations and excerpts read from her memoir, Bastard Husband: A Love Story. Unlike anything offered in Las Vegas "D Words" is the perfect early show (21+) and makes for a terrific night out!

Hope to see you next week!

3 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Linda Lou-- Just stopping over after reading Lilly's terrific book review. Congratulations!

xo

Helen said...

So pleased to have found you (thru Ms. Lilly of down under) .... Fat Bastard is a favorite wine and I look forward to reading your book! I've been there too ~~~

Banoffi said...

Congratulations on your book. Coming over from Lillys blog. Your book looks great too!