Bastard Husband: A Love Story is a humorous account of my first year alone in Las Vegas after a midlife divorce from someone who was the perfect soulmate--until that one drink too many. The book is threaded with reflections of the relationship and shows how I transitioned from anger and sadness to doing stand-up comedy for the first time at age 46. Funny and sad, demented and poignant... all at the same time.

Enjoy!


P.S. I suggest you read some excerpts or my Vegas Linda Lou blog before you buy--my style and sense of humor are definitely not for everybody!

11.11.2009

Next project: a one-woman show

GREAT NEWS! Joe Lowers, my comic friend who runs the showroom at Alexis Park here in Las Vegas, has been encouraging me to create a one-woman show around my book and he wants to produce it. We’re looking at opening mid-January, but maybe we'll wait until early February. I'm thinking Valentine's Day should be good for book sales--we all know how much divorced people love that friggin' holiday, huh?

A one-woman show has been in the back of my mind for a while. It's something I think I'd really like doing--more than stand-up. We still have a lot of details to work out, but the concept is on its way to becoming a reality, and like everything else, I just have to take the steps to get there, one foot in front of the other.

I’m very psyched. And what a great motivator to get back in shape—years of sitting on my ass at the keyboard is really starting to take its toll. I'll keep you posted!

1 comments:

Suzette Saxton said...

Hey neighbor, I'm one state over from you. Like your blog!